HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    It wasn't that long ago that I thought "I won't self-publish, the only way I'll do it is through an agent," but the more I'm learning about self publishing (and the e-reader craze) the more I'm wondering if self-publishing isn't A way to go. I'll still look for an agent, but self-publishing seems like a way to at least start selling while I'm begging an agent and publisher to take my book. Even if I succeed at self-publishing, there's something about holding your book in your hand, I want to do that at least once. And I hate e-readers, I stare at the computer screen enough. LOL
    "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."

http://dustbunniesanddeadspiders.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gertegan View Post
    It wasn't that long ago that I thought "I won't self-publish, the only way I'll do it is through an agent," but the more I'm learning about self publishing (and the e-reader craze) the more I'm wondering if self-publishing isn't A way to go. I'll still look for an agent, but self-publishing seems like a way to at least start selling while I'm begging an agent and publisher to take my book. Even if I succeed at self-publishing, there's something about holding your book in your hand, I want to do that at least once. And I hate e-readers, I stare at the computer screen enough. LOL

I used to feel that way too about self-publishing. But now that the industry has changed so drastically, I think we need to change also or end up like the dinosaurs. Ah for the good old days. :-)

I like a "real" book too, but I will admit I'm getting more and more used to my Kindle. It does have some great interactive features that a print book does not. I like being able to make the text larger and doing a search on a character's name if I can't remember who they are.
    One step at a time.

I plan to self-publish, but not e-publish.