HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I don't understand why you think there's something wrong with that, Gary.
    Gary, as an ex-CIA dude, is highly suspicious of most things, methinks.

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Zalas View Post
    Every agent I queried, after thoroughly researching them, requested a phone number be included, along with email and address information. Almost all of them were very well known agents and agencies. I put it under my signature. I don't understand why you think there's something wrong with that, Gary.
    I don't know why anyone would NOT include their phone number.

Exactly. When you provide contact information, a telephone number is part of what you provide.

If a person is brave enough to give out their email address, seems to me they should not be afraid to reveal their phone number -- even if it's unlisted.

*_*

I ALWAYS include my email addy and phone number in my signature. Gary, a lot of agents request pages with queries that are almost equal to a partial (the first three chapters or first 50 pages, for example). This may be enough information to trigger a phone call, especially if they think you have a hot property.

I've also heard of people receiving phone calls from agents for reasons other than representation:

A request for revise and resubmit from a partial or full

An inquiry about the status of your book if you've just won a major award elsewhere

An inquiry about the current status of your submissions if the agent is really interested in the book

When you are seeking representation, you want to make it easy for the agent to contact you.

Jeanne