HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    David Alex Fleming

Dying Innocence by David Alex Fleming

Having published my new novel "Dying Innocence" and therafter having been offered a contract for movie possibilities, I can say that a compressed novela is the best form of screenplay that can be presented for consideration.

I must have missed the question, but this appears to be the answer.

WTH is a "compressed" novella?

martin shaw
    A nougat bar!

The best form of screenplay that can be presented for consideration is a screenplay, preferably a well written, commercially viable one.

It really makes no difference if you are presenting something from another medium to adapt into a screenplay. A compressed novella, like a novel, play, etc. will still need to be adapted.

Novellas, being that they are shorter than novels can sometimes be easier to adapt because you don't have to make as many, or in some cases, any story cuts that are done solely to meet the time considerations of a feature film. But novella adaptations can still require cuts and changes in order to make it work as a movie.

Would a 50,000 word ebook be considered a compressed novella?

Quote Originally Posted by James Albert View Post
    Would a 50,000 word ebook be considered a compressed novella?
    I still don't know what a compressed novella is. I Googled it and got nothing of substance.

Another example of a one-trick-pony poster, Jena. They come in for a landing and, whoosh, off they go again.

I'm sure David would rather you had Googled his novel ("novella") instead.

*_*

James: Don't know if your post was tongue-in-cheek, but if it wasn't, reread what Simon Says says. She's an industry professional involved in development; if she says your best shot at presenting a story is to put it in screenplay format, that's what you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by jayce View Post
    James: Don't know if your post was tongue-in-cheek, but if it wasn't, reread what Simon Says says. She's an industry professional involved in development; if she says your best shot at presenting a story is to put it in screenplay format, that's what you should do.
    And if you think writing a screenplay is the same as writing a novel, think again.