HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I can take mild criticism, just not very harsh criticism. And if they don't like it, I'll write another. I'll write drafts until the majority says they like it. Of course, I don't know what they'll say yet, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Sunayna, writing drafts until a majority likes it? Sweetie, you have so much to learn, I don't know where to begin. You need to find a writing group that isn't going to coddle you, because you will never grow as a writer until you do.

There's a not-so-subtle thread throughout your posts: you seem intent on writing to please others. Or at least, choosing themes and crafting stories that win approval from the majority who read them.

That's putting the cart before the horse, and while it may be possible to do it this way, I can't imagine that it would be satisfying. While most writers hope for favorable reviews (or any reviews at all!), you sound more concerned with achieving commercial success in a calling that is renowned for its low pay and long hours than you are in answering to an inner call to create what your muse deems worthy.

FYI, online copyright registration is $35.

However, this is all wheels spinning, Sunayna. Time for you to go do your own basic research--or to watch your time and money fly out of the window.

I am looking for recently published middle grade novels similar to mine. But Amazon has some funny format now. So I am still looking. I am researching the market to see what's popular right now in the middle grade market.

I know you've been posting here for some time. But I swear, with this thread I feel like you're putting us on.
    Last edited by leslee; 10-29-2011 at 07:40 PM.

What do you mean?

I don't think you're putting us on. You sound like a teenager--one who likes to write and who'd like to be published, but you're not willing to go the traditional route because you're afraid of getting your feelings hurt. You're 17 now. It's not unbelievable to me that you're that sensitive to criticism. In ten years, when you're 27, you might change your mind. The vast majority of people your age are NOwhere near the point where they're ready to be published.

FWIW, you really need to learn the rules of grammar and not depend on others to ake your corrections. It's a part of writing.

It is not her sensitivity to criticism that I responded to.
    Last edited by leslee; 10-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Double post.