HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thank you for all the help everyone. I have a question unrelated to this thread. I started a thread in the YA/MG sub-forum about changing the characteristics in one of my characters. Do the moderators only get to move threads? Because I couldn't find a way to move the thread. But I did ask for someone to move it.

Hey, just post it again in the other forum and the mod will remove the first one when he gets to it. Don't worry about it.

Did anyone hear about the best-selling self-published novel? It's really interesting, not that I'm likely to head in that direction any time soon.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-i-...g-author-.html

Did anybody see my last post?

Yes.

I saw it too. Had also seen the link you posted.

*_*

What did you think?

I didn't click on it.

Did you, Kitty?

I had seen the article well before she posted the link.

Hey, girl, you've asked this question before: "Did anybody see my last post?"

Many's the time I've started threads and got nary a peep from anybody...no comments, no nothing. That's life, okay?

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Sunayna Prasad View Post
    I've heard that in the commercial publishing industry, agents and editors will criticize authors' works and authors need the thick skin to listen to criticism. I don't have the thick skin, so the only path for publishing I can go on is self-publishing. I have picked which company I want to publish with, but before I do, I want to find a way to see if my book is publishable (which won't be until at least one other draft after my current one). I was thinking about finding somewhere to rent space where people can buy my book and contact me to see if their kids liked it. I'll be eighteen by then, so that part won't be an issue. But I don't know where I can rent space. I can't imagine that a bookstore will let me if my isn't officially published. I don't want to use online sites like worthy of publishing or fictionpress anymore, because that didn't help. If that's not possible, what are some other ways. I don't want to give my book out to people I know personally, because they'll say they liked it to be polite.
    Hi Sunayna,

Iím about a year and a half late, but hopefully I can still help you out a little with this. Full disclosure, but I work for Ganxy (ganxy.com), a company that specializes in e-book gift cards and vouchers. Essentially, we allow authors to take their work, published or not, and distribute it easily to people they want to read it.
    Since you were talking about figuring out if your book is publishable or not, a good way to go about finding out would be to use something like this and to give copies of it out to people at book fairs, or reviewers down the line (when youíre ready). This would give you an avenue to personally interact with people, without you having to go to the expense and hassle of printing out a ton of books and lugging them around with you. Especially since you want to get feedback from the people you give copies out to, this might be the perfect avenue for you to go down.
    Feel free to take a look at our website, and donít hesitate to send me a message if you have any questions. My email is Matthew[at]ganxy[dot]com.