HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Class Baby

One of the biggest mistakes would-be writers make is not reading enough books in their own genre. It's one of the best ways to learn the craft. Reading 100 YA novels is not unreasonable, nor is it an insurmountable task. I easily read that many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes would-be writers make is not reading enough books in their own genre. It's one of the best ways to learn the craft. Reading 100 YA novels is not unreasonable, nor is it an insurmountable task. I easily read that many a year.
    Not that I believe you on reading 100 books a year, YA or otherwise, but how many books did you also write in that year?

You aren't helping Sunaya, who obviously isn't completely "there." I like to try to have some semblance of reality going when I give writing/publishing advice.

You aren't helping Sunaya, who obviously isn't completely "there."

Her name is SUNAYNA, not Sunaya.

And the rest of that statement is your usual crap.
    Last edited by leslee; 12-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.

You aren't helping Sunaya, who obviously isn't completely "there." I like to try to have some semblance of reality going when I give writing/publishing advice.
    I've had three books published since 2007. I'd say I'm pretty well grounded in reality.

What do you mean she's not "there"?

Here you go, Sunayna:

"This seems to be the way synchronicity works best for me. I am a sucker for books and book stores, so now when I walk into the store, I silently ask to be shown the perfect book that will provide the guidance I need at that time. If my attention is caught by a particular book cover - the colours or images, perhaps a single word in the title - I take notice. It could just be THE book for me! "

http://www.kajama.com/index.php?file...C-018D06A40C0D

*_*

Thanks.