HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo

Hybrid View

NaNoWriMo

So what do you do with your 50 000 word MS when (if) it's done? If that much has been published online then does that mean you can't continue to polish it and try to get it published in the traditional manner?

It's not published online (unless you choose to post excerpts on your NaNo page). You sent it in at the end (scrambled) so they can verify the word count and then they immediately delete it. Two of my now-published novels were NaNo novels.

Two of my now-published novels were NaNo novels.
    Jena, that's impressive. Before you began the NaNo competition (is that the right word?), had you sketched out your story lines? or were they written from scratch?

That is impressive. 1600-1700 words a day. I do find it less intimidating that you don't actually share your WIP as you go but I still don't think I could manage that pace whilst working. I love the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan B View Post
    That is impressive. 1600-1700 words a day. I do find it less intimidating that you don't actually share your WIP as you go but I still don't think I could manage that pace whilst working. I love the idea though.
    I work FT, too, and I don't do the 16-1700 a day. I do what I can on work days (minimal) and then catch up on my days off. I once wrote 8000 words in one sitting. Of course I was so strung out on sugar and caffeine, I almost needed my stomach pumped. My family knows that in the month of November I don't cook, clean, socialize, etc. I also take vacation time from work, if possible...and sick days, lol). It's MY month, period.

I am going to try, but only to kick-start my writing, I don't really expect to complete it. If I get even halfway there in one month it will be the most I have written in such a short time.

Fortunately, my family already have very low expectations of me in terms of housework, so that part should be a breeze.
    Last edited by Susan B; 11-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayce View Post
    Jena, that's impressive. Before you began the NaNo competition (is that the right word?), had you sketched out your story lines? or were they written from scratch?
    Pretty much from scratch. I generally don't outline. Of course much of it was crap (I'd say 80%) but it was a great kick-start.

Only a thousand words, but I got sidetracked with revisions and a synopsis. Gotta make up for lost time. ZOOM!

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    I've only got just under two thousand. My family is not being very understanding... lol Hopefully I can make it up in time. I just bought hubby a new video game, so he'll be easily entertained once the kiddos are in bed. (:
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

I got sidetracked doing other stuff, and my computer has been the hangout for my teen. I'm at about 4000, give or take. Trying like heck to catch up this weekend.

Best of luck to all