HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Specialty Agents and where to look for them...

I wonder if anyone on here knows of or where to search for a reputable children's book agent.

Using agentquery.com and preditors & editors gives a list, but almost all are agents who just happen to list "children's" along with about 20 other genres they supposedly represent.

Looking for someone in that specialty area who may can help with a few children's books I have written and guide these in the right area to the right publishers.

You're looking in the right places; just need to dig in deeper on research--plus I suggest the Literary Marketplace, plus exploring such speciality websites as www.scbwi.com, www.write4kids.com, and www.cbcbooks.org (I haven't check these URLs recently, so one or more might be defunct), and finding books like you want to do in bookstores and tracing back with research to agents.

You might not find a bunch. It's not a high returns area, so there's little room for an agent in the profit margin for most children's books. Also, most major publishers doing children's books tend to find their own authors, I think.

Thanks Gary. So far these sights are much more fruitful. I assumed one of you guys would have a good answer, and I was right.

"Children's books" is pretty vague. This can include anything from picture books to YA.