HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    martin shaw
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Hmmm... that's kind of intriguing (even if its fabricated). What friend are you talking about... please tell me so we'll both know. Also I don't really write military storylines, although I do have a character or two in my book that was in the military, and as far as **** goes, its anyone's guess what you're talking about there.

I'd still like to see your first chapter. There's some very disjointed areas in your writing, but I also see talent. You've got potential... also I appreciate your critiques..

As a harmless idiot wrapped up in himself to someone seeking attention, have a great day!
    I will not show anyone a first chapter. The only person who saw the majority of my book is my first publisher. I left her and sent stuff out too early: for spite realy. It's a long story. And talking about publishing; I refused another even before you were published, but things were different then, and it was poetry. My stuff was meant to go into a little book called , Seam. It could fit in your back pocket. My stuff was realy haunting back then; worse than now and they were all written in jail. One of the main ones was about a child molester and what I would do to him. I put it on here years ago. They actually stopped the press for that one (believe it or not). I didn't give the publisher his contract back and he got fed up with asking, sadly. He was a nice guy, but I was confused and fresh from the chopping block. I didn't write for years and years after that: I had to work. I look back on that stuff and I see somethin' of nothin'
    Last edited by martin shaw; 10-14-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Amy Lou
    Thanks JD, got tired of being black and white. Although might go with cherry blossoms instead.

Amy Lou
    Quote Originally Posted by martin shaw View Post
    I will not show anyone a first chapter. The only person who saw the majority of my book is my first publisher. I left her and sent stuff out too early: for spite realy. It's a long story. And talking about publishing; I refused another even before you were published, but things were different then, and it was poetry. My stuff was meant to go into a little book called , Seam. It could fit in your back pocket. My stuff was realy haunting back then; worse than now and they were all written in jail. One of the main ones was about a child molester and what I would do to him. I put it on here years ago. They actually stopped the press for that one (believe it or not). I didn't give the publisher his contract back and he got fed up with asking, sadly. He was a nice guy, but I was confused and fresh from the chopping block. I didn't write for years and years after that: I had to work. I look back on that stuff and I see somethin' of nothin'
    I agree with, Martin, there's no need for him to show anyone his first chapter. Doesn't need to prove he can write. He's got "it" and that's been acknowledged by the people interested in his work. That book of poetry, Seam, sounds so cool. Too bad it didn't work out, but that means there's better out there waiting. I have no doubt you'll find it! Just keep going
    Amylou

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lou View Post
    I agree with, Martin, there's no need for him to show anyone his first chapter. Doesn't need to prove he can write. He's got "it" and that's been acknowledged by the people interested in his work. That book of poetry, Seam, sounds so cool. Too bad it didn't work out, but that means there's better out there waiting. I have no doubt you'll find it! Just keep going
    Amylou
    Actually I find Martin's writing interesting in an off kind of way. I didn't want to see it to criticize it. I always hope to learn something from other people's pieces. Cherry blossom should work..

Amy Lou
    Hey, that's a nice attitude, JD
    So, cheery blossoms, huh? Alright then!

Amy Lou
    Darn, I mean Cherry Blossoms, but I could also do cheery

Okay, I'm done, sorry Martin for highjacking your post!

Cheery or Cherry Blossoms work. I think Martin disappeared..