HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rejected!!!

Rejected!!!

After sending out query letters to over a dozen lit. agents for my first novel, I patiently waited for days and weeks to hear back from someone. Finally today, I check my email and I see a reply from one of my query emails I sent out. With joy I eagerly open it to only get to the dreaded line, "...regretfully we will not be requesting further work."

Bummed out at first, I picked my head up and remind myself that I'm in this for the long haul. It took me 6 years after writing this novel to finally get the courage to start solicting my work. I know I will get rejected a million times before someone bites the bait.

Stay in couraged all my fellow unpublished/unrepresented writers.

What does "in couraged" mean?

*_*

Sorry to hear that, Ty. Rejection is never easy, but take heart that it's only the query letter and not the novel itself.

You might consider posting your letter in the Query Letters forum; you'll get an unbiased critique.

It's sort of like "in tranced", which is what I feel when I read your posts.

Why thank you, jayce!

*_*

Christie Bremmer
    Sorry about that Ty. Rejections are always disappointing. My expectations were quite low so when I got a couple of positive responses in amongst the negative, I was over-the-moon. Keep on trying. It's like when you fall off a bicycle...get right back on!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post

*_*
    I think it's a one-horse town in the southeast corner of Utah. When they can afford another horse they get to capitalize the "C."

Ty, also remember that there are more than a dozen lit. agents. But, take Jayce's advice and post your Q.

Ha ha.... I guess I got caught in my emotions and was typing too fast. I meant *encouraged*...

I will post my query....thanks for the tip!

This reminds me of the clubhouse owned by LASFS: it has two restrooms, one named "cognito" and the other is "disposed." Why is left as an exercise for the reader.