HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WN Site Update

Robin Teeter
    That seems ridiculous to me, Ms. Foyle. Like Mr. Kessler, I give people the benefit of the doubt. I've no real concerns about what others think of me or my online persona. I am the real deal. Like it or not.

Mr/Ms. Teeter, you too are the "real deal"?

Okay!!!

*_*

I've nothing against this site and I'm not a sock puppet. I don't care if no one cares, but I would like the members and moderators here to know that I am very upset by all this. I hope this site thrives in the future and get rid of whatever crazies are causing problems but I won't participate here futher.
    Siu, I never figured for a sock puppet, but this has certainly made me take a close second look. You had some posting problems, I'm guess, because of the new member restrictions. You feel "ignored" if your posts don't garner a lot of responses. OK, what else? I follow this board pretty closely and I don't recall your being bullied, or mocked, or accused of being anything but who you say you are. Personally I thought you were starting to fit in fine. Now I wonder if your little hissy fit is yet another ploy to "prove" how unwelcome newcomers are here.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. If not, well...never mind.

1. I've wondered is Siu is very young. He/she seems overly concerned wth what people think, and quite insecure.

1. *******, you're trying too hard. You're constantly extolling your virtues, but we already know you. Far from giving people the benefit of the doubt, you have maligned many of us. If you're the "real deal," stop playing this silly game. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.
    Last edited by leslee; 09-14-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Robin Teeter
    Maybe she feels as though some here are bullying or mocking her. Your patronizing remarks about her little hissy fit is supposed to make her feel welcome?

Leslee buzz off.

Ah, the real ******* makes a brief appearance. Nasty, of course.

Gotta fly!

Robin Teeter
    Quote Originally Posted by leslee View Post
    Ah, the real ******* makes a brief appearance. Nasty, of course.

Gotta fly!
    Nope. You're the only nasty one here, leslee.

Whatever you say, *******.

Robin Teeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Wilshere View Post
    I apologize for the delay in posting any additional information as we move through our new transition, but as we are all aware, the site is under attack by what appears to be a user or users with malicious intent. We appreciate your patience as we are investigating the technical and legal aspects of this issue with corporate resources, and encourage you not to engage with anyone whom you suspect has the primary intent of causing harm to the site or its users. Instead, please report the posts to the admins.

By the end of the week, or early next, we will be posting new rules. In advance of those rules, here are a few reminders:

If you are here to help create a positive environment at WN, have a genuine interest in writing, etc., you are welcome to stay. If you’re here to make trouble, and it appears your primary agenda is geared toward pointlessly attacking the site or its users, we will take action. This includes, among many other things, the creation of fake user profiles to generate friends or credibility or to use fake profiles as vessels to prompt antagonism.

We want to allow everyone a fair opportunity to stay and contribute, so the site will continue without the auto-moderation of posts.

Lastly, we have no issues if members have disagreements. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. All we ask is that you respect each other.

Thanks and happy writing.
    Ditto.

The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries
    When did the Leslee/******* thing start? Dang, I miss everything.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan