HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WN Site Update

Siu Ling
    I just read your post, Rich. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Feel free to delete the above postings if they are a problem.

Thanks Miranda and Jayce for responding. I am having a cranky moment.

I think I will self-ban myself from here for a week, maybe things will seem more normal next week.

PS: and dammit, it's 'dealt' not 'delt' in previous post, but I cannot edit anymore. *more grumbles*
    Last edited by Siu Ling; 09-13-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: cannot edit previous post so editing this one :(

I'm a little suspicious of ALL newbies considering the amount of "sock puppets" that have popped up lately. And, sorry, Siu, but you happen to write/sound exactly like a former member so that may be why you feel targeted.

Are you a "sock puppet?" I don't really care as long as you don't get all negative on the site. Otherwise, chat away. Or not. Your choice.

Rich and stephen: thanks for the update.

They any chance any of y'all might could 'splain to this ol' curmudgeon what a sock puppet is in the context of a web site.

I had a sock puppet when I war 'bout thirteen years of age. Wore that sock out. Damn near wore its mate out. Far as I recall, them sock puppets were both in December of a very good year.

Ah'm perty sure that ain't what everbuddy's talking about now.

Enlightment, anyone? I'm jist tryin' to figger out whuzz happening.

Cur

Siu Ling
    Quote Originally Posted by Avonne Writer View Post
    I'm a little suspicious of ALL newbies considering the amount of "sock puppets" that have popped up lately. And, sorry, Siu, but you happen to write/sound exactly like a former member so that may be why you feel targeted.

Are you a "sock puppet?" I don't really care as long as you don't get all negative on the site. Otherwise, chat away. Or not. Your choice.

Rich and stephen: thanks for the update.
    @Avonne writer, I just saw this in my email box and wanted to reply right away and get it over with.

Thanks for being honest because that's pretty much what I wanted to know.

I've nothing against this site and I'm not a sock puppet. I don't care if no one cares, but I would like the members and moderators here to know that I am very upset by all this. I hope this site thrives in the future and get rid of whatever crazies are causing problems but I won't participate here futher.

It's not a healthy way to start of on a site, I wouldn't feel comfortable being myself and I need to beat this forum addiction anyway.

Thanks to everyone who had assisted with my questions.

Liza B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avonne Writer View Post
    Exactly. So obvious.

I hope this site thrives in the future and get rid of whatever crazies are causing problems but I won't participate here futher.
    Hmmm.....

*_*

Why not, Siu? You've already been reassured that nobody (except maybe one or two) thinks you're one of the violators. You do whatever you want, but we'd like you to stay.
    Cindy

And be at peace... the universe is unfolding as it should

Liza B.
    Never mind.

Robin Teeter
    I'm with you 100%; I'll not respect anybody, however, who personally attacks me or otherwise falsely accuses me of being a sock puppet.

I had to "prove myself" lo those many years ago, soon after I first joined this joint. Yup, for a while there, Roy (may he RIP) wondered if I might be a **** puppet. Hardly!

Back then **** called him/herself Vicky, Charlotte, or Kim -- there have been so many aliases! I remember the name robin, too. (No, not *******.)

But I stuck it out, and little by little convinced them I was the Real Deal, such as it is.

*_*