HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It would be nice to have it in a month when there are no holidays, that's for sure.

Defiantly going to give this a go this year. I win in 2009 and only got 18k last year... 18k sucked terribly.

Never stand in the way of a defiant writer.

I defy you to defy me!

Hey, Author! Good to see you again!

You too, Joe (Jeff) Zeff! LOL

My writers group already does a monthly thing called 'writing sprints.' We meet up at the local library where we can either use our own computers or the library's. We write for 30 minutes, review for 30, write again for another 30, then a last review. Sometimes we just work on our WIP, and sometimes our fearless leader gives us a one-word sentence and we have to write a story out of that sentence. It's a lot of fun and really helps to unstick a writer's block. So in a rounabout answer, sorry Jena - no, I won't be participating.

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    So, Jena, are you starting as soon as you're off work tonight (or, if you're not working, at midnight)?

Last year I started just after midnight, but it was also because I got home at about 11:30, and was still up. This year, I think I'll be starting tomorrow night... we'll see. I don't quite have my ending yet, but I do have a point to shoot for, I hope I make it. (:

And what about the rest of y'all?
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

I certainly missed the boat on this. I am finishing up a novel, written entirely in October, that would have met these programs requirements if my deadline wasn't a month earlier.

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    Good for you Gary. I noticed you weren't around too much the last few weeks, this explains it. It's always better to finish ahead of schedule than behind, right? Although, I guess in your case you're right on schedule. Either way, it's quite a feat, even for a pro I assume, to wrap up a first draft in a month. Congratz! (whether you need/want it or not)
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Clementine View Post
    Good for you Gary. I noticed you weren't around too much the last few weeks, this explains it. It's always better to finish ahead of schedule than behind, right? Although, I guess in your case you're right on schedule. Either way, it's quite a feat, even for a pro I assume, to wrap up a first draft in a month. Congratz! (whether you need/want it or not)
    Thanks. This was a difficult one to get going--which is why it has bumped up to the deadline.

So, Jena, are you starting as soon as you're off work tonight (or, if you're not working, at midnight)?
    If I can't squeeze in a couple hours in the morning, I'll have to start Wednesday. I'm working 10 hrs tomorrow.

Good luck, Miranda, and to everyone else!