Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

National Novel Writing Month

Is anyone doing it this year?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    I'm planning on it. You?

ETA: yay, I'm connected again. If you ever house sit for someone and they tell you they have satelite for Internet... Tell 'em no. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Miranda Clementine; 09-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Yep.

Cool.

How many years have you participated?
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

I think I'll do a "pretend I'm doing Nanno." I plan on doing the writing. I just don't have the time or inclination of doing any of the other stuff surrounding it.

uh ho, have I been doing it wrong? I'm I supposed to do more than just writing?

ETA: or did you just mean you're going to put up your stats and whatnot?
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Clementine View Post
    uh ho, have I been doing it wrong? I'm I supposed to do more than just writing?

ETA: or did you just mean you're going to put up your stats and whatnot?
    No, I meant I was just going to write the book and send it off to the publishers. When I go to the Web site, all I get is a bewildering array of busywork activity people could be doing--I couldn't see on a scan what the actual contest entailed--time and wordage constraints. It mostly looked like a lot of things you could do to avoid writing. I can do the writing without the incentives, whatever they are. But for those who need a push, it looked fine.

I could be wrong, but doesn't Joe ("Call me Jeff") do the NaNo thing every year?

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    No, I meant I was just going to write the book and send it off to the publishers. When I go to the Web site, all I get is a bewildering array of busywork activity people could be doing--I couldn't see on a scan what the actual contest entailed--time and wordage constraints. It mostly looked like a lot of things you could do to avoid writing. I can do the writing without the incentives, whatever they are. But for those who need a push, it looked fine.
    Ah ha, you're just being snooty. I'm only playing, I hope you have a pliable sense of humor. You're right the site is quiet overwhelming.

I haven't really participate in the forums much, but I have met a few incredible people there. All it is is a challenge to write a new novel in 30 days. Start to finish. And if you can't finish it, at least 50,000 words (the word count is actually the whole goal). The only real "rule" is you can't have started before November 1st. You can outline your story and create your characters, but yeah, it's just to push yourself. I'm actually a little weary this year because I felt quite drained by the end of it last year, but the story I created helped me with the WIP I had at the time, because it was a story about what happened before my WIP. Ah, I'm rambling again.
    Last edited by Miranda Clementine; 09-12-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: had to add a word. (:
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Clementine View Post
    Cool.

How many years have you participated?
    I've participated 4 times (and got through it twice). Two of my three novels started out as NaNo novels. Also, they have local events here, which are fun. I've met some great people.