HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Richard Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie Christian View Post
    Jeanne,

Now you're on the right track. Maybe, as I've mentioned to Jayce, or was it Gary, the blurb is perhaps totally unnecessary; and misleading to boot. I can take it out. You can help me polish a version to present to literary agents and publishers; and have it come off as more engaging as Jayce suggests, no matter what the Casablanca story entails. No?

Thank you Jeanne.
    I thought I responded to this, but I can't find it, so forgive me if this is a double post.

Present it to literary agents and publishers? Not this book, I hope, Jodie. This book has already been published. Unless you or the book become independently famous, you've spit you wad with this book. The instances of literary agents or publishers picking up a book that has previously been made available in the market--and particularly the gigantic e-book market--is so close to zero that you couldn't see the space between. Unless, of course, you or the book become famous subsequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Kessler View Post
    I thought I responded to this, but I can't find it, so forgive me if this is a double post.

Present it to literary agents and publishers? Not this book, I hope, Jodie. This book has already been published. Unless you or the book become independently famous, you've spit you wad with this book. The instances of literary agents or publishers picking up a book that has previously been made available in the market--and particularly the gigantic e-book market--is so close to zero that you couldn't see the space between. Unless, of course, you or the book become famous subsequently.
    Gary,

Interesting point. I hadn't thought of that.

Then, let me submit, for critique, material from my second book. Oops. I just started a thread for chapter 13 for this book.

Thank you Gary.

I'm astonished to see that nobody's told you yet that the expression is "on the lam," not "on the lamb."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zeff View Post
    I'm astonished to see that nobody's told you yet that the expression is "on the lam," not "on the lamb."
    Somebody up the line somewhere did post that it wasn't "on the lamb," I'm pretty sure. I don't think they gave the correct word, though.

Joe,

Thank you so much. It is things like that; the small things that help the big picture.

Jodie

Quote Originally Posted by leslee View Post
    Richard Blaine gives essence to the question that has puzzled many for years

And that question is: How does one give essence? What a strange phrase.

(Give essence. Hmmmm. Isn't that what I was doing in the back seat at the drive-in?)
    Leslee,

Richard Blaine, the novel, gives essence [The central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work - according to Antony Lewis' Word Web 6.6].

Maybe for the larger audience I could have said... Richard Blaine gives meaning.... No, I think not. To maintain a British hue and tone I chose my word.
    Last edited by Jodie Christian; 09-13-2011 at 12:40 PM.