HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Siu Ling

Cannot PM or hide my login

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Siu Ling
    Okay, no help so far.

BTW: Moderators, it's actually you guys I wish to PM, and I want to hide my login, because I am sick to death of seeing my name as the only name logged in. At times, I wonder if I am not the only member with no life!

Siu, it's because you're new, because new restrictions were put in place for newcomers when Victoria was moderator to keep the sock puppets at bay. Maybe if you start a new thread with HEY RICH!!!!!!!!! in the title, he'll notice it...if he's around today.

Support Team
    Both options are currently under review and will be adjusted. Stay tuned to the announcement forum for more information.

Hi Siu...

Several months ago we asked Victoria how to make ourselves "invisible" and you can check this thread to see what she said. If you can't bring it up, let me know and I'll quote her.

http://www.writers.net/forum/showthr...ight=invisible

Ooops, I think I posted the wrong thread. Will look again.

*_*
    Last edited by Kitty Foyle; 09-11-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Siu Ling
    @Jena, thanks. That's what I wanted to know - that my new status is the reason - so I can stop looking for some hidden settings. I had 'skimmed' the FAQs, but I felt like I was wasting my time there.

I doubt me starting a thread yelling for the new mod will help my cause, I'm sure it will just add me on some sort of sock puppet radar.

@Kitty, I read that thread three times and only saw a reference to Cindy being invisible! Then I noticed your last statement. But thanks anyway, please don't trouble yourself further since I've got the answer now.

Okay, I found it. Victoria's comment is on page 10 of this (long!) thread:

http://www.writers.net/forum/showthr...ight=invisible

"To change your visibility settings, click on Forum Actions and choose General Settings. The "invisible" option is right at the top."

*_*

Siu Ling
    @cg_stephen, thanks. It would be useful if WN continues to implement restrictions on new members that some sort of policy statement is available and placed in an obvious- to-newbie place. I like bullet points. Maybe include a link in their welcome email with a polite reason why? I apologize for my mini rant.

Siu Ling
    @Kitty, thanks again. If and when I get the option made available, I will easily remember those instructions. I'm glad you didn't suggest for me to scan through 10 pages, otherwise I'd be wondering if you were just trying to torture a newbie for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Ling View Post
    ...just trying to torture a newbie for giggles.
    Hey, some of like to do that too! Gives 'em a tough hide and builds character 'n all that.

*_*