HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Amy Lou
    Thanks again Leslee! You haven't said too much, and I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. It means a lot~ I know you don't go handing it out freely and it's worth something when you do. (I don't mean any offense by that, just that you are true and honest with your feelings)

C~ yes, I posted something so long ago that this was based off of(well, 3 months ago maybe 4). You have a great memory. It was a small poem and not developed like this is. No names and not near the detail. You're not imaging things or imagining things LOL

The names in it are silly. I know they describe the characters, but who really has a surname that suits so well? That said, you can tell a story and you should toil away at it. You have a voice, IMO. Read, write. Southernly, Claire

Amy Lou
    Yes the names are supposed to be so silly, and no one really has names like that. Just a play on words and the names fitting their personalities. Thanks for the encouragement Claire! I really do appreciate it, and thanks for seeing voice in this, beyond the silliness! LOL

Amylou, you are a wonderful writer. I think you can take this and make a longer story with it (kind of like a spoof or something, with a tragic ending). Did you ever see the movie The Burbs? It was a dark comedy about life in the suburbs. I see that potential here.

But, like leslee says, if you are trying to avoid that novel-don't.

Hemingway said: "I have to write ninety-one pages of **** to get one page of mastered prose. Then I throw out the ****."

But look at it this way. Even if you are writing just to pass time, that's okay. At least you are writing, and that can only help you.

Amy Lou
    Thanks Henry! My writer/facebook friend! You've always been so encouraging and I appreciate all your help. Especially with my book and Hollar Dollar. We'll get something written and published one of these days! Sending you an email soon with your edits!
    Amylou

Hey, take your time. There will be times when it takes me two weeks to get back to you, and times when it will take one day. That's the way it is.

Keep on writing!!!

PS: My wife thought the writing in Hollar Dollar is better than in White Chocolate Mocha, but she liked them both. Keep sending.