HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seminar suggestions & wishlist

Is there a writer you've always wanted to meet? A genre you're trying to break into? An agency you've been trying to get a personal contact with? I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get the exact person you're thinking of, but there's never any harm in trying. Please post your wish-list, suggestions, ideas and any other feedback for future seminars here.
    Writers.Net Moderator

Not my genre, but if I were you, I'd try for Stephen King.

Yeah, I know, everyone will laugh at that suggestion. Impossible, right?

But he likes to discuss writing, he's got lots of fans on WN, and he seems like a guy who might agree to maybe a one or two-day run here. He's got a message board and responds to posters. He's very Internet savvy. He's been published in every conceivable fashion, including self-publishing. And he wrote a book on writing that is considered one of the best reference books, On Writing.

Couldn't hurt to try.

Most of my favorite writers are dead, so I don't think you can get them, no matter how much I believe in metaphysical communication.

Among the living (I think he's still here) - I'd give my left nut to talk to Thomas Harris (Silence of the Lambs). I love his writing. He doesn't do inteviews and is super-private. It's strictly a dream.

Stephen King, talking about Thomas Harris, said that for Harris, " . . . the very act of writing is a kind of torment." Look at what his torment produces. I'm grateful he works through it!

That's my type of guy.
    Last edited by leslee; 08-16-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Stephen King... I'll give it a shot! No promises, but hey - a girl can dream, right? Thanks for the suggestion!!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by leslee View Post

If not Stephen, how 'bout Jack Nicholson? He was great in The Shining.

Or...while we're talking movie stars...Steve Martin has knocked off a few books of his own. He might enjoy it. Plus, he might be funny hah-ha to boot.

*_*

what about Nicolas Sparks? I even like Judy Blume the first book that I fell in love with at 15 was forever.

Quote Originally Posted by leslee View Post
    Before I even saw this, I immediately thought of Stephen K. Once again, two great minds? LOL Great choice, leslee, for all the reasons you mentioned.
    Cindy

And be at peace... the universe is unfolding as it should

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bets View Post
    Before I even saw this, I immediately thought of Stephen K. Once again, two great minds? LOL Great choice, leslee, for all the reasons you mentioned.
    lol... I think Mr. King is the first all our minds because I was thinking the same thing!
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

He's a good choice because he's not only an incredibly successful and talented writer, he has shown an interest in sharing what he knows with other writers.

He likes rock 'n roll, too, which is always a cool sign.

You never know. He might want to visit with us.

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    Now, you're giving me hope.
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

I'll nominate Donald Maass. He not only heads a top literary agency, his books on the writing craft are excellent. I wouldn't be disappointed in Stephen King though lol.