HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Wild Child Publishing - A Warning

To all;
    My contract with Wild Child Publishing was just cancelled, thankfully. The company jerked me around for a year and a half, ignored countless email requests (after I signed the contract), assigned one editor, who apparently quit before she started, and then assigned another who basically wanted me to re-write the entire book. This, after having it professionally edited before I ever submitted the manuscript.
    I finally told them I wasn't willing to make any further edits, and so they cancelled the contract. I'd rather never have the book published, then have to deal with them again.
    By the way, this would have been my fourth book, but my first with this company.

Interesting. It's listed as "recommended" on P&E.

Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    Interesting. It's listed as "recommended" on P&E.
    Yes it is. I have sent P&E an email, detailing my experiences with Wild Child.

Sometimes you get stuck with a sucky editor even with the best of publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    Sometimes you get stuck with a sucky editor even with the best of publishers.
    Very true, although I wouldn't consider Wild Child among 'the best of publishers.'