HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    To jayce. That be me.

To Sapphire -- of course agents care and are reading. They're tyring to make a living in an increasingly challenging environment. That's why I believe that plot summaries aren't the ticket. As I tried to suggest above, even the greatest page-turners can sound dull in Spark Notes. If you have written a captivating book, it shouldn't be hard to convey those qualities in a cover note. I hope you have such a manuscript. It sounds like you've made the rounds at least once wth this project without getting any requests for chapters or full manuscipt, which is worrisome. Do you have sample chapters posted somewhere? I would be happy to try to help a fellow UI graduate, but I think it is ingenous and potentially counterproductive to try to write/edit query letters without a deeper appreciation of the work it introduces.

I re-posted the query, but folks were kind of suggesting it "should" be summary-ish, I thought? Maybe I'm wrong. I'd be more than happy to post a sample chapter. I have had a few requests, one full and a few partials, just nothing like my usual ratio.

SapphireB -- I would be interested in reading a few chapters, for thoughts on the query if nothing else. How do we arrange transfer? I don't see a private message function on this site. I'm also on CritiqueCircle, which does have a pretty neat messaging system.

I went ahead and put it in the Writing Critique - Members Only forum. It's long, tho

Thanks!!
    Last edited by SapphireBlue; 08-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.