HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Glen Palmer

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Hello everyone, I know exactly how hard it is to get traditionally published, but when I think about it, why would I want to get traditionally published. I mean think about it, you lose creative control, you sign over your hard work to some faceless publisher and you only get a 3 - 5% royalty fee.
    That's why I decided to get self-published. Full creative control from start to finish and up to 70% royalties and 100% on film and foreign rights. But if you don't know what you are doing, it can be hard.

That's why I am offering a free webinar, this Tuesday 9pm US (Central).
    I am going to lift the lid on the self publishing industry and show you everything you need to know to get self published and promote your book.

I hope to see you there.

The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries
    Will you cover proper punctuation?

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan

"I hope to see you there." Are we there yet? Where is there?

"I am going to lift the lid...."
    The females in your life will be happy to hear that.

Will you be telling us the titles of your own self-published books?

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Palmer View Post
    Hello everyone, I know exactly how hard it is to get traditionally published, but when I think about it, why would I want to get traditionally published. I mean think about it, you lose creative control, you sign over your hard work to some faceless publisher and you only get a 3 - 5% royalty fee.
    That's why I decided to get self-published. Full creative control from start to finish and up to 70% royalties and 100% on film and foreign rights. But if you don't know what you are doing, it can be hard.

That's why I am offering a free webinar, this Tuesday 9pm US (Central).
    I am going to lift the lid on the self publishing industry and show you everything you need to know to get self published and promote your book.

I hope to see you there.
    Oh, God. Self-publishing has its place and uses. But you've just reeled off the litany of those who would just die to be traditionally published and are constructing excuses on why they aren't. If you truly did care, I don't think you'd bother to make up all of the excuses.

Sounds more like you are bowing to Darwinism.

There is nothing wrong with self-publishing. But it doesn't make you a pioneer. Lots of folks have already done it.

Yawn.