HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Perhaps you should consider posting in another board where manners and intelligence are desired.

Where's that?

I think Michael used the wrong pronoun...meant to say "I" instead of "you."

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Letterman View Post
    I'm sorry. I obviously came to the wrong place. I thought "Unpublished Authors" was a good place to ask for information from seriously interested people. I didn't come here to be beaten with a keyboard. I'll go somewhere else.

Perhaps you should consider posting in another board where manners and intelligence are desired.

Thank you.
    Suggest that you go to the "Agent" page on this Web site and read some of the linked articles listed in the right-hand column. You could also go to a free-use Web site I've coauthored www.publishingquestions.com that will give you a basic starting-point discussion on the issues you ask about. Then, having gotten some grounding, feel free to come back and ask some specific question on the basis of having done your own basic homework. I'm sure you'll get a happier response then. You can post sample query letters here for help also.

You came here, you asked for advice and we gave it to you. It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it was probably what you needed to hear. Today's agents and editors aren't interested in rough drafts or books that need considerable work before they're ready to publish; they're looking for polished manuscripts that are as close to perfect as they can get. Unless you're script is that well polished, you're just wasting your time looking for an agent because you won't find one. Not only that, but if you do re-work your MS, none of the agents you've already queried will be interested. Like it or not, this is the way the world works. It's a buyer's market, and unless you play by their rules, they won't give you the time of day.

Best thing Ive read all day - ive been trying for five years to tell people to have a pro edited manuscript before you submit. Us E Publishers dont edit ... I want you all to know that and that is why we give such BIGF royalties. The old die hards will no doubt crit this post to smithereens but they know **** all about the contemporary world - they think apples are for eating LMAO.

Regards
    Jules
    Last edited by jules jules; 09-19-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jules jules View Post
    Us E Publishers dont edit ...
    If that's what you think is proper grammar and punctuation, I'm glad you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jules jules View Post
    they think apples are for eating LMAO.
    Um, I grew up believing apples were for eating. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?

As to the OP, you mean we can't come here, make one post about wanting a publisher and expect to have them flooding my email with requests for fulls?

Damn, I've just wasted two years of my life here. That's it, I'm leaving. (Slams electronic door in a huff - just in case you didn't know that's what I'm doing.)