HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for Literary Agent for Two Psychological Thrillers

I am looking for a Literary Agent to publish two psychological thrillers. Marketing might dictate a timed release as the beginning of book 2 is referred to at the end of book 1. The writing style is Patterson - Stephen King - John Jakes combined. I know a number of Patterson fans that have read the first book and they tell me it is as good as anything Patterson ever wrote.

I'm tired of being solicited by publish it yourself companies. These books are ready for a final edit.

Des anyone have any ideas on companies that publish this type of book?

Who's cloning all these people?

Sorry Michael, it's hot and I'm cranky. I'm gonna let somebody else clue you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Baron View Post
    Who's cloning all these people?

Sorry Michael, it's hot and I'm cranky. I'm gonna let somebody else clue you in.
    Thank you for saying it first.

Michael:

The short version -- do your homework and find agents who represent the genre. Start with a website like AgentQuery.com. Draft a kickass query letter and submit, hoping at least one of them will think your story is as good as your friends say it is and then offer representation. If you're successful at that and don't know how to proceed, feel free to stop back for further instructions.

Hope this didn't sound curt or rude. Just wanted to be somewhat specific, but brief.

Good luck!
    Cindy

And be at peace... the universe is unfolding as it should

Thanks, Cindy. You're a good woman. We're gonna keep you. :)

My job here is done today. You're so welcome.
    Cindy

If they're ready for a final edit, they're not ready for you to be showing to an agent.

Sorry I asked

I'm sorry. I obviously came to the wrong place. I thought "Unpublished Authors" was a good place to ask for information from seriously interested people. I didn't come here to be beaten with a keyboard. I'll go somewhere else.

Perhaps you should consider posting in another board where manners and intelligence are desired.

Thank you.

Another one bites the dust (uh-huh)....

Michael, you totally flunked the skin-thickness test. Good luck self-pubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Letterman View Post
    I'm sorry. I obviously came to the wrong place. I thought "Unpublished Authors" was a good place to ask for information from seriously interested people.
    No, Michael, you didn't come to the wrong place. You just expected something that didn't exist here. Totally understandable, as it's happened a million times before. But, my advice stands. Really. If you're serious about this, you need to start as I suggested. Nobody has ever come up with a better answer that I know of. And, trust me, there's some exceptional writers and published authors here that will back me up on this.

Again, my best to you!!
    Cindy