HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Exclamation July 25-29 Author Seminar: Special Guest Carole Bellacera

Please join me in welcoming this month's Writers.net Guest Author!

Carole Bellacera (nee Foley) grew up in Pittsboro, Indiana, and graduated from high school in 1971 at Pittsboro High.

Her first novel, Border Crossings, a hardcover published by Forge Books in May of 1999, was a 2000 RITA Award nominee for Best Romantic Suspense and Best First Book, and a nominee for the 2000 Virginia Literary Award in Fiction. It was also a 2000 finalist in the Golden Quill award and the Aspen Gold Award and won 1st Place in the Volusia County 2000 Laurel Wreath Award.

SPOTLIGHT, her second novel, was a 2000 RIO Nominee in the Dorothy Parker Award for Excellence in Fiction (Best Romantic Suspense), a 2001 Holt Medallion Finalist for Best Mainstream Novel and a 2001 Booksellers' Best Awards Finalist.

Carole's latest romantic suspense novel, East of the Sun, West of the Moon, was released in hardcover by Forge Books in August 2000.

Carole Bellacera's work has appeared in magazines such as Woman's World, The Star, Endless Vacation and The Washington Post, as well as various anthologies such as Kay Allenbaugh's Chocolate for a Woman's Heart, Chocolate for a Couples' Heart and Chicken Soup for Couples.

Blogs
    Visit Carole's travel blog
    Visit Carole's MySpace page
    Visit Carole's blog
    Author's Den Blog

Carole will be joining us during the last week of July. I'll open the thread a few days prior, so you can get started with questions!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Thread's open, if anyone wants to start out with a question!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Hello Carole, and welcome.

I have written a children's book and received a offer from a Publisher. What is the standard percentage that Publishers receive?

Thank you
    Jeannee` DeWolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannee` DeWolfe View Post
    Hello Carole, and welcome.

I have written a children's book and received a offer from a Publisher. What is the standard percentage that Publishers receive?

Thank you
    Jeannee` DeWolfe
    Congratulations on your sale, Jeannee. It's not easy to sell fiction for children these days. Back in the 90's, I sold a picture book to Doubleday, (which never came out--long, sad story), and I'm not sure I still have that contract. But I think the percentage that publishers receive is around 92%. It I remember correctly--and we're talking a long time ago--I would've received 8% royalty on each sold book.

Thank you Carole. I'm getting a really good deal then, because it's more than that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannee` DeWolfe View Post
    Thank you Carole. I'm getting a really good deal then, because it's more than that.
    Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Thread's open, if anyone wants to start out with a question!
    Hello, everyone. Thank you, Vicki, for inviting me to Writer's Net. I'll be happy to answer any questions about writing in general, my work, and my career.

Thank you, Carole! I appreciate you taking the time to step in with these great insights & answers!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Yes, thanks to you both.