HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Saadia View Post
    Admit that the "rooster's" delectable wings, when grilled, were as delicate as the hat!
    Zoe, that's gonna make leslee feel bad. She'll shudder to think Chickie-Babe was chowed down by the likes of Frank.

But she and the bird will meet again! Someday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta7DMNNg0s4

*_*

What???! Is Frank going to roast Leslee someday?!
    And take her hat?
    Pre-Columbian North America

http://blog.zoesaadia.com/

Frank ate chickie-babe?!

Sadly, yes, leslee. And I hear tell she tasted just like tuna.

*_*

Alright then! Stop this sketch immediately! It's gotten entirely too silly.*

*Semi-obscure Monty Python reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooldridge View Post
    Well, I thought it was funny because it is so much of a mystery. I think we'd all love to know exactly how Amazon sales ranks are calculated by Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon has never revealed the algorithm behind how they calculate their sales ranking. Even though Amazon uses them like their own version of Billboard charts (except for books), they definitely seem to be based on a combination of factors, not just sales. As writers, all we do know for sure is that with Amazon being the world's largest bookseller, their sales rank charts (along with other factors like customer reviews, book covers, and Amazon Author pages) can be an important piece in the book marketing equation.
    Looks like we sort of derailed Dave's thread. Anybody wanna take on this Amazon rating stuff?

*_*

Last edited by leslee; 07-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.

If that chicken dies, I ain't watching!

We can only hope Frank got major indigestion from eating Chickie-Babe. If he did, we can thank the cheese in the tuna melts you kept feeding her (thinking you were a good mother 'n all). Tuna alone would have been okay, but the cheese too? Some chicks are lactose intolerant, y'know.

Anyway, RIP Chickie-Babe.

*_*

It's a very touching video, Kitty. The family chicken has died, and the kids tenderly bury it on the farm with some trinkets and momentos. It's quite a sweet tribute.

Something I didn't get to do because Frank ate Chickie-Babe.

But, you know, if anyone was going to eat her, I'm glad it was someone like Frank. At least he respects poultry.

Sniff.

James North
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooldridge View Post
    I'm new to this forum, so as a fellow writer, I thought I'd dive in by sharing a helpful free resource that might be of interest to both the self-published authors and traditionally published authors who sell books and Kindle ebooks on Amazon.

NovelRank for iPhone - the Amazon sales rank tracking app - enables authors, publishers, and book marketers to track and compare the Amazon sales rank statistics for printed books and Kindle Edition ebooks across several Amazon country sites. The app supports tracking through free NovelRank.com user accounts, which can sort books by title, sales rank or last sale. The app also provides a graphical history of daily sales estimates and hourly sales rankings.

If your book's web site, blog, Twitter, and Facebook Page drive traffic to your Amazon book page, then tracking your sales rank history via NovelRank is a great way to determine if and when your online marketing tactics are effective. It's also a convenient way to compare your book's sales rank with competing books.

Available as a free app download on the iOS App Store. If you want to try out the app before creating your own free NovelRank.com account, then within the app, simply assign the user account name to:*demo

App Store URL: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/novel...423938573?mt=8

If you don't own an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then you can also track your book's Amazon sales ranking on the NovelRank.com site.
    There is no mystery to it. If your book is number 50 in action and adventure on Amazonís 100 bestselling list for Kindles, your book is number 50 in action and adventure on Amazonís list of 100 bestsellers. No need to play with chicken guts.