HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: publishing

shirley Flynn

Exclamation publishing

Does anyone know anything about Dorrence Publishing? I am looking into this PPD!

Once of the most expensive vanity presses in the world. If you'd like your garage decorated with boxes and boxes of really nice-looking hardbacks . . . and you have the money to burn . . .

Gary's not fibbing. Keep looking, shirley. If you want to go the self-pub route there's lots of cheaper alternatives.

Hello,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone here could give me some idea's on publishing companies to look into out there i have just completed my first book and looking into publishers thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Cheles View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone here could give me some idea's on publishing companies to look into out there i have just completed my first book and looking into publishers thanks!
    The most efficient place to start is to buy the annual Writer's Market manual put out by Writer's Digest, or ask the local public library for the latest edition of the Literary Marketplace, which probably will be in the reference section (It's in two volumes the size of big-city telephone directoris). This is the bible for the publishing industry concerning who does what and how to get in touch with them.

Both references have genre indexes to help you zero in on publishers as well as some guidance on their submissions requirements. You can go to the Web sites of the individual publishers for an updated cut at this too.

If you are interested in having a formula to go about the submissions process, I and a coauthor provide one on our free-use www.publishingquestions.com Web site.

Thank you

Its exciting to say i've finally finished one, but very scary worrying you might entrust you work to the wrong people. So thankyou for your advise its really appreciated and I will deffinately be giving that website ago.

Thank you again
    Rachael