HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mine started as an emailed (free) weekly humour column sent to friends. It got passed around and I ended up with a couple of hundred subscribers. Occasionally, I'd sell one of the columns to a newspaper or magazine. Then blogs started happening and I started fiddling with one. Eventually, my emailed column merged with the blog because I got tired of formatting material twice.

For the first couple of years, I'd mention my book or include an Amazon link in every column. But for the last few, I only mention the book a couple of times a year, if that. It still seems to be selling okay without my help.

I don't make a nickel from blogging, nor do I want to. And I no longer write just humourous stuff, or weekly. I write/post what I want, when I want. The freedom is fun and even a technodweeb like me can (eventually) learn to navigate Blogger's software.

Yeah, well, you have that Gemini gift of gab. You can't help yourself, Frank!

Look what came up when I goggled the words: lots of references to your big mouth.

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?ena...7s+gift+of+gab

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post
    Yeah, well, you have that Gemini gift of gab. You can't help yourself, Frank!

Look what came up when I goggled the words: lots of references to your big mouth. :)

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?ena...7s+gift+of+gab

*_*
    True, Kitty. Although shy and quiet in person, put a keyboard in front of me and off I go! ;)

I really enjoyed those photos, Frank. Once upon a time, I had an awesome camera with a zoom lens. Do you do your own developing? I have a hard time just staying up with the two message forums I post on, but I'll take a look at your blogs. I go wherever my interest leads me. I'll definitely peek in on your canon fodder periodically. Good stuff!

Cheryl
    Justin Bieber: "I was sent by God to sing."
    Corey Taylor: "I didn't send you!"

Thanks, Cheryl. Nowadays, "developing" is done on the computer and yes, I do it. I spent a couple of years in the early 80s working in a darkroom. My cousin and I started a photgraphic restoration business -- touching up and copying old photos on to archival quality paper. We did some work for museums and all the B&W developing for the local photography shops. (They were focused on colour developing.) We also did some printing of coloured slides, a difficult process in the day.

Anyway, I was avid photographer in the late 70s and throughout the 80s, owning a couple of decent 35mm SLRs. By the early 90s I had to give it up. Simply couldn't afford it. So, it's a real pleasure to finally own a great camera again and some fine lenses. And the developing aspect is virtually free today, once you have the software installed on your computer.

There's still lots to learn but I'm enjoying the heck out of it. :)

I just saw your pics, Frank. WOW, they're great!

I also jotted down the name of your camera; I'm still using my old Brownie (kidding!). Truth is, I haven't taken any pics in a long time, and that's why I haven't anything to post portraits-wise. (Cheryl asked in another thread.)

Seriously, I think I'll look into getting a camera like yours. It probably set you back a few bucks, right? But who cares!!

*_* (one who now uses her good china -- which actually isn't all THAT good)

Thanks, Kitty. And yep, the camera costs quite a few bucks. And quality lenses can cost even more. But I "did without" for decades and am fortunate and extremely grateful that I can afford them today. If you have any questions regarding specifics, drop me a PM. I bought an earlier version of the same camera for my gf a couple of years ago. It's a fine instrument and real workhorse.

Well, as if pimping my photography in Smoko wasn't enough...sheesh...I'm almost/nearly/not-so-much embarrassed to be trumpeting a new post at my photo blog.

That would be the last link my sig. Uh-huh. The Canon Fodder one.

Or that one up there. It works too. If I did it right.

You've a genuine right to toot your horn, Frank -- these are wonderful! Is there a way you could make big bucks from some of the out-of-the-ordinary shots? At the very least, people might like to use them as computer wallpaper.

I sure hope the mosquito didn't mess around with the little squirrel. That pic alone has to be a rarity! Have any other photographers ever "captured" something like this?.

( Methinks Frank is a Lightworker whose task is to remind the human element that Nature has showered us with much beauty; all we need to do is be "aware." And if we're too self-absorbed to look beyond our own little worlds, Ol' Frank here will happily take on the job for us.)

*_* WOO!

<Methinks Frank is a Lightworker whose task is to remind the human element that Nature has showered us with much beauty...>

I'm sure Chickie-Babe would concur.