HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Lulu books. . .has anybody here ever used it?

I was wondering about Lulu books, which I'm considering using to publish my next novel. Has anybody here ever used it, and is it worth it?

Worth it in what way? The cheapest way to get a print-on-demand book set-up produced if you manage to get all of the settings right and you don't expect to have more than a book set-up without any editing (unless you pay extra) or marketing? Yes, in that case it may be worth it. For comparions of the POD packagers, I suggest you look at Clea Saal's chart at http://www.booksandtales.com/pod/.

Writing a book and producing a book are the easiest part of the task. Getting the book into the hands of buyers/readers is the hardest part--although POD packagers will commonly tell you that's a piece of cake.

Use Smashwords if it's an eBook you're marketing. They supply Apple and don't cost anything.

An excellent book on self publishing companies is Top Self Publishing Firms by Stacie Vander Pol, published by CreateSpace (owned by Amazon.Com). But you still have to do your homework via the search engines and be on the lookout for complaints and reviews.

I self published my book My Friend Nick the Greek with self publisher WingSpan Press. All went smoothly and there were no problems. They are an honest group.