HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    We We? Whose wee wee are we talking, jayce, yours?

*_*
    Last edited by Kitty Foyle; 06-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Victoria,

My hat's off to ya'.

I'm merely repeating what others have said, but you've demonstrated grace under fire and a subtle sense of humor. (Sometimes, piling on is a good thing!)

Hope you're still here after the dust settles (yet again).

Cur

Senior Member Miranda Clementine's Avatar
    I second, third, fourth what everyone else said. Hope you're still here tomorrow cuz you do such a great job while keeping your sanity and humor intact (although spouting stories of haunting tuna melts isn't very sane... didn't you know the ghosts get angry when you talk about them...shhhh).
    Even those who make their living in dreamland must do their chores in the real world.
    -Scarlett Rice
    MC

Victoria,

Best of luck. Hope "they" keep you around. You've done a superb job!

Thanks, everyone, I really appreciate all the kind words!

I've got a conference scheduled with the new owner next week - in the interim, I don't expect that they'll shut off my Admin powers right away, so if you guys need anything, or a spammer starts running amok, please feel free to send me a PM. I'll try to pop in a few times, but I'm pretty busy these days, so a PM or email (wnmoderator@writers.net) is your best bet.

On a related note: Unfortunately, it appears that Steve is not going to stay with the site moving forward. He's been an incredible help, even though he hasn't been here long, and gave me the freedom to spend more time on projects like the Seminar Series, so regardless of what happens, I'm sorry to see him go.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments, everyone!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Belinda T.
    If the new owners are wise, they'll keep you onboard in an administrative capacity. You've done an excellent job of moderating this joint and your interaction with us has always been a positive influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post
    We We? Whose wee wee are we talking, jayce, yours?
    Let's ixnay the "yours," jayce. 'Twas both uncouth and, yes, obnoxious.

Victoria said, "I was once haunted by the ghost of a poorly-prepared tuna melt."

Yeah, that'd work!

*_*

Kitty: Having been once flayed by your rapier wit, I deem it unsafe to respond... except to say, oui oui!

It turns out that buying and selling websites is big business. I did not know this until I was offered a pretty good sum for my own website. Sites that get a lot of traffic are highly valued and groups or individuals buy them, but what there really buying is the traffic to that site, which they can then use to generate sales. BTW, I of course did not sell. The offer was tempting, but I feel like I have a responsibility to my readers.

Well, whoever takes it over, I hope they don't screw with the format now that we're used to this one.