HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Kindle through Amazon

I haven't been here since the format was changed and posted to the wrong forum. I'm sorry.

I am thinking of publishing with Kindle on Amazon and am kind of intimidated by their Terms of Service agreement. If anyone else has gone this route, could you give me some feedback? What is the financial investment other than what they take out of your royalties (if any). Do they walk you through the process or must you blunder your own way around? Thanks much for any tips.

I decided to give a couple of my books a try in kindle, just to see how it works and how the market is. The process was very simple, only took me a couple of hours to add the two books. They are selling, but not as good as the actual books though, at least not yet, but I haven't advertised that they are available on kindle, that may help. The only problem I have so far is that I haven't been able to link the two editions together, as in, when you click on the book form, it doesn't provide a link to the kindle edition. Personally, I think digital books are the future, so I thought I would get a head start on it.

Rae Morgan
    I'm going to give Kindle a try for one of my titles. I found the following info helpful. Good luck.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ghlight=kindle

http://wherewritersmeet.proboards.co...splay&thread=3

Thank you both. I did load one book onto Kindle, although I did it about five times before I was happy with the result. I managed to make up an attractive cover with Windows photo shop program, then added a disclaimer about it being a work of fiction, and prettied up the chapter headings. At least it looks nice, but every time you do some editing, there is about a three day delay, so I have now fooled with it for a week. At last it is in the publishing stage and should be ready for sale by the weekend. You have to admit, it's exciting.