HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazon Kindle

Kirby Eaton

Amazon Kindle

I'm going to go with Kindle. It's fast and they sell a lot of books.

Okay.

If "fast" is that important to you.

Kirby Eaton
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena Grace View Post
    If "fast" is that important to you.
    Yes, it is actually. I see no reason to hang on for months or even years, and perhaps end up with nothing at the end of it. Kindle publishes in 24 to 48 hours. There are literally millions of people visiting the Amazon site, and you're likely to get more cash from your Kindle book, than one you have with a small publisher, where the sales aren't that great. Been there, done that. As for the "majors" you have to be willing to invest years, in trying to get your foot in the door. If you're alright with that, cool. I'm not.

Kirby Eaton
    I'm getting this "your message will be reviewed before being posted" notice. Why is that? It's weird.

You're just NOW getting it? As a newbie (on probation) you should have been getting it from Day One.

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Eaton View Post
    I'm getting this "your message will be reviewed before being posted" notice. Why is that? It's weird.
    It's because you decided to go with Kindle. WN bought stock in Lulu. They're trying to frustrate you into leaving.

(Some, most, or all of the above could possibly be a big, fat fib.)

Yeah, Frank, you guys who catch fish often lie through your teeth.

It was thi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-s big!

*_*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Foyle View Post
    Yeah, Frank, you guys who catch fish often lie through your teeth.

It was thi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-s big!

*_*
    Clearly Kitty, you have never read my first published essay entitled Fishermen Never Lie*. In it, I put to rest once and for all (I thought!) the mistaken notion that fishermen embellish the truth.

I'll try to nutshell what is actually a complex theory: Years of (over)exposure to blazing sun while squinting at thread-thin fishing line leads to the development of what I call Heightened Awareness*©. One gifted with HA© is capable of seeing absolutely everything clearly and distinctly, undeterred even by light refraction, and can thus easily calculate the correct size of a fish -- especially if it got away.

I hope that helps. =8-D

*Outdoor Canada magazine, circa 1977.

The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Eaton View Post
    Yes, it is actually. I see no reason to hang on for months or even years, and perhaps end up with nothing at the end of it. Kindle publishes in 24 to 48 hours. There are literally millions of people visiting the Amazon site, and you're likely to get more cash from your Kindle book, than one you have with a small publisher, where the sales aren't that great. Been there, done that. As for the "majors" you have to be willing to invest years, in trying to get your foot in the door. If you're alright with that, cool. I'm not.
    This is funny, considering you were replying to someone who is published by the "majors."

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan