HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Melinda Kreth

Invitation to Participate in A National Survey of Editors

We would like to survey members of this forum about the work they do as professional editors.

Very little information is available about the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary for a career as a professional editor, except in the field of journalism. As educators and editors ourselves, we are developing a book that will illuminate for the next generation of students these aspects of the broader editing profession. While we plan to call on our own educational and professional backgrounds, two people simply don’t have the breadth of knowledge and experience that a larger group of people would bring to the project. You can help us fill that gap.

We have developed a 20-25 minute anonymous online survey to solicit input from editors in a wide variety of fields. The survey can be accessed at

*Link removed by Mod*

We hope you will see value in responding to our survey. Future forum members might appreciate your helping make possible this project and, perhaps, their careers.

Thank you for considering our request.

Melinda L. Kreth, Ph.D.
    Professor of English, Dir. of Composition, &
    Coord. of Online Courses and Curricula
    Central Michigan University
    Anspach 301E
    Mount Pleasant MI 48859
    989-774-2662

Elizabeth S. Bowen, M.A.
    Freelance Editor
    517-974-1744

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda Kreth View Post
    We would like to survey members of this forum about the work they do as professional editors.
    I could be waaaay wrong, but I don't think a heck-of-a-lot of "professional editors" hang out here.

*_*

I feel like I've seen this post before, some time ago. I seem to remember the surveymonkey address.

Isn't this Veronica's cue to remove a link?

There have been a number of "Survey" posts here in the forums over the years - this is just the latest.

I encourage everyone to click the little triangle under a poster's name to report any posts that are spam, offensive, or otherwise break WN Terms of Service. It'll help me get to this sort of thing faster.

Thanks!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Ah, good to know. Thx.