HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Synopsis

Joe. Upon further thought, I think I remember. Someone even submitted a synopsis for the Bible? lol. Thanks. I'm going to go check.

Hey,
    This link from AW is very helpful (Leslee recommended it sometime ago)
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71843

Good luck! (I'm still struggling with mine, it refuses to go down the three and a half pages )
    Last edited by Zoe Saadia; 05-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Zoe. Thanks. I checked some of them out and will look at more later.

Three and a half single spaced?

Leslee. Sorry. Did you mean single-spaced pages? Thanks.

I've received a private message from The Tinman, asking for a repost, so here it is:

"Ishmael," a man at loose ends, signs onto the crew of a whaling ship sailing out of a New England port. The captain, a notorious tyrant by the name of Ahab, is obsessed with a great white whale nicknamed Moby Dick, whose jaws took off one of Ahab's legs. With some trepidation, Ishmael signs aboard the Pequod, and with a newfound friend, a fierce South Pacific island native named Qeequeg, ships out on her. Ishmael is disquieted to discover that the captain, half insane, is gradually ensnaring the entire crew into his obsession. Many hazards are met and overcome on a long voyage into the Pacific Ocean in search of one particular animal the white whale named Moby Dick. It gradually becomes clear to Ishmael that the ship is doomed, but there is nothing he can do about it. After many adventures, the Pequod finally engages Moby Dick in mortal combat. The whale is more than an animal--it becomes the embodiment of evil itself--or is it that Ahab's madness has infected Ishmael? Like a moth to a flame, he follows Ahab's orders and fights the whale. Dissatisfied with his crew, Ahab takes on the whale himself, and dies in a final confrontation and struggle. Moby Dick takes revenge on his tormentors and destroys the Pequod. She goes down with all hands--except Ishmael, who lives to tell the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tinman View Post

Three and a half single spaced?
    Yes
    (the good news: it was four and a half in the beginning, lol)

Good luck, Tinman!

Joe. Thanks. I appreciate it.