HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

oh how I hate my editing

("...I'm just editing posts here, hence they are all reposts then, and there are many many of them too..." started the goblin who would remain anonymous now, continuing "...oh, and forgive the writing style, just part of my anonymity I suppose...", and with that the goblin started posting in earnest now, somehow knowing that his eye would be on the hitcount even if he tried not to look at it, saying funny how some thing follow one from the known self into into the realm of the unknown self then)

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

the goblin was here too, alone save for that cold feeling of deep passing night as he eyed the the christmas tree for its reassurance though it only seemed to open doors back to earlier trees of his wilder times “…you’re all gone, why do you want me to remind myself of all this now, besides they're, and well you know it too, either dead, grown up, or very old now…” he voiced to the bright tree surrounded by darkness, but the tree laughed back"...stupid goblin, is it only now that you learn that you can't give christmas back to those who loved you, you can only pass it on for them..."

Re: oh how I hate my editing

You can remain anonymous and still speak in the first person. This is just too weird.

augustus, I think you're working the artiste thing a little ham-handedly. Ease off on the preciousness. You might have talent but it's impossible to tell as long as you keep confusing enigmatic with interesting.

Nice tree.

Pretty tree. I did not get the point about the goblin post.
    “Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.”
    -Joseph Pulitzer