HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Willing readers please

Hey all,

I'm off to mum and dads in the country again to work on the final pages of my final draft & expect if it's not finished this weekend, it will be by the Easter long weekend.

I looking for anyone who would be willing to read the first chapter of my MS and give me feedback.
    I need (new) outsiders and although many of you know the 'story line' few of you have really read any of it. I need honest and even cut-throat feed back. What works and what does not. Issues with repeat word usage, tense and sentence structure.
    Issues with the 'content' - does it interest the reader and hold that interest? and where it fails to do so.

Ideally, I would like say 5 odd (more would be great) and across the board. I don't care what genre you normally read but for those that are genre specific, this is a historical fantasy starting in the 10th century.

I figure if CH1 is not good, neither will the rest be. Also, issues repeated throughout CH1 will (no doubt) continue in the rest of the MS.

Anyone interested and willing, PM me with a email address and I'll PM back and then follow with email containing CH1.
    To save anyone worrying about attachments, I'll copy/paste the chapter into the email. I know it's a big ask as we all have lives but my thinking is either it will not interest and whomever is reading it will stop after page one (and let me know they have done so) or read the lot with enjoyment (and again let me know).

Anyone who is able, happy and prepared to do this, thanks in advance.
    if the wine is sour throw it out

SatyricalRaven

Re: Willing readers please

Raven,

Aw, what the hell, I'll read it. You've been here a while. If you've read my suggestions regarding Qs, you should know those are snacks. Given a full chapter, I'll likely be ravenous.

I'm teasing you. Mebbe.

Post an address where I can contact you, if you wish. No worries if you prefer not to.

I'm busy the next couple days. But should be able to read early next week.

Cur

LOL! be ravenous, after all it fits with my name right?

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks again, even if it'll likely hurt! hahaha
    if the wine is sour throw it out

SatyricalRaven

I'll read it gladly

I'm not reading this section very often (not as the other two), so I missed this posting. But, when i think of it, the timing of the other PM I've sent you was funny lol
    sending you another one
    Pre-Columbian North America

http://blog.zoesaadia.com/