HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: I really don't understand the agent process

Robert,

while you may not like the process, it is the beast you have to deal with - either that or continue to self-publish.

Regardless of how fair or unfair you may think it to be, it is the writing world and this is a new authors apprenticeship - simple.

Also, given this is a online forum, arguing this strongly against the system may not be the wisest thing in the world as you could come off as someone not willing to accept/make changes. True or not, the impression will likely follow you.

And just replying to your comment on if the wine is sour throw it out as much as Id love to take credit for coming up with this, I cannot. It is attributed to Mr De Vinci and not a bad motto for life?
    if the wine is sour throw it out

SatyricalRaven

Sorry Leslee: I thought I was clear, but then again.. And yes it was through Booksurge. Since I wrote it for fun and just wanted to get it out there I self published it. It did fairly well and was not only carried on Amazon and Kindle but was picked up at some independent book stores. I more than made back my investment and doing it this way, also it will never go out of print. I looked into going another route with my new book and am discovering the traditional method is a road full of potholes.
    Again sorry you don't understand what I was trying to say. It was nothing more than a philosophical observation.
    Take care.

No problemo.

Raven: No doubt true on all counts. But again, it is nothing more than an observation. Not an argument.
    Thanks for the input.

Yes, and if you are using your real name, I'd suggest an alias. B)