HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: novels

"they thirst" is wonderful, but lindqvist's "let the right one in" is serious competition. of course other than being books on vampires, there really is no comparison. i have to agree with j.z. and j.g., but ambrose bierce deserves a perusal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David Messick View Post
    "they thirst" is wonderful, but lindqvist's "let the right one in" is serious competition. of course other than being books on vampires, there really is no comparison. i have to agree with j.z. and j.g., but ambrose bierce deserves a perusal as well.
    Do you know how hard it is reading posts written entirely in lower case? Just wondering what the deal is here...

Not a horror novel but one of my all time favourite fantasy novels is "The Tenth Kingdom". Although not exactly a literary challenge, I just loved the twist on the beloved childrens fairytales and also the way they mixed it in with our own world. It's the kind of book you can completely lose yourself in andf I always found it comforting when I was down as it helped me escape from reality, even if just for a few pages of light reading.