HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ANY SCREENPLAY WRITERS HERE?

Any? If so, have you had any work produced?

Re: ANY SCREENPLAY WRITERS HERE?

Yes and Yes. There are successful screenplay writers partcipating on WN. Don't expect them to give you the details. We don't tend to do that.

Hi Larry,

I'm a produced screenwriter with several more projects set for production in the next year.

:D:DRe: ANY SCREENPLAY WRITERS HERE?

I didn't ask for details, Leslee. I'm a playwright. My last play was sold out for all seven shows. I attended one night and couldn't get in. The
    #%&# director said that she didn't know I would be coming that night.

Anyway, I just completed a screenplay. In fact my second. I couldn't get the first one produced. It was about an African/American man who became the President of the United States. I wrote that play in 1995 or 1996.

Well congratulations, Simon Says. Don't you just love it when you see your work unfold on stage or screen? I get a high on that. I hope that I find someone, lit agent or producer for the screenplay I just completed. I joined InkTip and submitted to a company.

@Larry

Yes, it feels amazing. Maybe even better than sex, and I've had some really great sex.

I know someone who actually sold a script through inktip. A veteran film and TV writer who had an old spec that he loved lying around.

But you really need to be proactive, and approach agents and producers rather than waiting for them to find your logline on a site like inktip.

I don't know where you're located, but I know that inktip has a pitch summit in LA every year, where you can meet face to face with producers and agents. You can probably find some more info about it on their site.

Simon Says,

Before I was really into writing, sex was great, but now, seeing my work on stage and getting all the compliments is the greatest turn on for me.

I'm going to query lit. agents and producers also.

I'm on a tropical paradise island. Far away from Californy.

I queried a lit agent re my screenplay. I was surprised when I got a response a few minutes after i sent the email. He asked for my phone number and he really called me that same day. Well, sad to say, he wanted $1,000.00 from me in order for him to sell my work to movie producers. Sigh....I wonder how many desperate writers he's collecting one thousand dollars from and just sitting on his arse laughing at them.:X:X

I don't know where you got the name of this "agent," but, obviously, this person is not legitimate. Be glad you're too smart to go for the scam, and move on. Just be sure you do all your research before you contact any more creeps.

The Writers Guild of America has a list of agencies that are guild signatories - meaning they have agreed to adhere to the guild's guidelines, so that may be a good place to start. Some of those agencies won't accept scripts unless they are referred.