HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Amy Lou

Re: QUERY CRITIQUE - one last time?

Thanks Lea, in my newest version I took out the hair thing all together and stuck with the ride in his jeep. Not sure though. I just need to let it sit for a while. Thanks so much! yeah, I played with the word rugged, putting it in and taking it out. I think you're right. Thanks for your comments!
    Amy

The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries

I liked rugged, which I took echoed the action inside rather than the Jeep itself. This will happen Amy, where people give you diferent takes on the same content. Frankly, neither Lea nor I am right. Both opinions have merit, but it's your story. I like the voice either way so go with the ol' gut feeling.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan

Amy Lou

Thanks Keith with a period I know you're right. I'm trying to listen to my gut and find my own way but it's so hard when you're unsure of yourself and abilities. But I appreciate your advice

The latex sales division of Vandelay Industries

The period came from me trying to fill out the blasted registration here. Stupid me didn't know you could use a space to occupy the last name field so I used a period. Genius, huh?

Are you old enough to remember Sanford and Son? Fred spelled his name, "S-a-n-f-o-r-d ... period."

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
    - Bob Dylan

Amy Lou

My dad made us watch it, and at the time I couldn't appreciate how funny people thought it was. Of course I remember the "I'm coming Elizabeth." while holding his chest, but I would think, what's wrong with that guy? So my long answer is no, I don't remember that. I didn't know you could fill it in with a space, in fact, I used my last name when I first registered. Then I realized it was showing up on the posts. I changed it just in case I offended anyone and they decided to come after me. I'm a little paranoid too LOL
    Have a great day - the . adds mystery

Wow, this one is utterly different from the previous ones!
    I think I like it... I don't know
    (but then, I liked the first ones, in spite of all the criticism it received, so, I think, in this case my opinion should not be counted B))
    Pre-Columbian North America

http://blog.zoesaadia.com/