HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Amy Lou

Re: Can I just send this one?

Yes, my husband doesn't get the draw to a guitarist (thank goodness LOL) but I hear what you're saying! I'm glad you get the part about his hair, Phoenix has really great hair! Thanks for your encouragement. I've spent the day polishing it up and in between, painting my daughters room yellow. I will post my revised one again soon.

Amy, my husband plays guitar, and I can attest to the particular sort of thrill that watching his fingers work gives me. There's also a bassist in one of our local bar bands who...well, let me just say I pick him up whenever I see him hitching on the highway. I also play with a girl band on occasion, but I know guys aren't looking at my fingers. They're looking where they always look. My husband and I have discussed this sex difference when it comes to performing music. He says that, for guys, instruments become part of the male display plumage. He's pretty much always right, although we try to keep him from knowing it.

Amy Lou

CK you're so funny! You seem like a real interesting lady, picking up hot hitchhikers (that you know of course), playing in a girl band! you're just cool. LOL I love it

C K Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Amy, my husband plays guitar, and I can attest to
    > the particular sort of thrill that watching his
    > fingers work gives me. There's also a bassist in
    > one of our local bar bands who...well, let me just
    > say I pick him up whenever I see him hitching on
    > the highway. I also play with a girl band on
    > occasion, but I know guys aren't looking at my
    > fingers. They're looking where they always look.
    > My husband and I have discussed this sex
    > difference when it comes to performing music. He
    > says that, for guys, instruments become part of
    > the male display plumage. He's pretty much always
    > right, although we try to keep him from knowing
    > it.

Amy, very sweet.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who does things that would be cool -- if anyone else were doing them. I'm a really bad guitar player, of the sort who thinks that flapping her hair about will make up for her lack of skill, gets her hair caught up in the tunning pegs, and ends up tethered at an award angle to the headstock.

This ain't pretty. It ain't cool. Thank goodness for husbands and hitching bass players, who give us the shivers despite our geeky selves. I mean my. My geeky self.

Be careful...I've seen others who are so close, then take on more feedback, make changes and their QL takes a step (or more) back. You're not going to make everyone happy.

DK

Amy Lou

Very true DK, great advice. It's just so hard to know when you don't have much experience. But that's what a true artist does, I suppose, ultimately listens to themselves.