HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About

About

Aspiring to be an About.com guide or contributing writer? Have you already made it through the training/selection process? There's a confidentiality agreement, but share what you can!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Melanie Zoltan

Re: About

I am a Contributing Writer for Continuing Education at About. I used my experience in higher education and my SEO writing experience in my application, and on the fourth try got in. Here's a link to my work: Post 911 GI Bill Benefits

If anyone has questions about the training/tryout process, please ask. I can give limited answers, but some help is better than none.

Ben Lloyd

Do About.com pay or do you just get kudos for your contributions? They aren't very "big" (ie. massively used and talked about) here in the UK, so I have no idea!

Ben - About Guides are paid 500+ per month, depending on a number of factors.
    Contributing Writers receive somewhat less in guaranteed payments, but can make more depending on those other factors.
    Writers.Net Moderator

imported_Ben Lloyd

Wow - looks like a very nice money-spinning opportunity if you have the required expertise. I can't see and restrictions on US-based guides only. Might have to look at the potentials of that one

[hr]
    Ben Lloyd
    Tech-Write UK
    "Where Technical Expertise and Writing Genius Combine"