HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

I would LOVE to know what you think

This is a sample taken from my blog.

"Life is many things, it's hard, complicated, challenging. spontaneous, full of surprises good and bad, it has its ups and downs, it will happen whether you want it too or not, one thing life is NOT is easy! And anyone who says differently should be in the room with the padded walls and no door knob on the inside with the person who thinks that good relationships don't require any work.....I went over this in an earlier post.......Just when you think that everything is starting to fall into place for you.......your girlfriend will call and say she is not ready to have a relationship or you will lose your job or you will get into a car accident or something will happen to mess up your whole plan. This is life. It is how you choose to deal with these situations and curve balls that come your way that will make the difference between having a GREAT life and having a not so great life. A month ago if I had a night like I did tonight I would have made a beeline to the package store and who knows where I would have ended up.....Now instead its 215am and I'm wide awake and working on my website and blog. Which although just confirms the fact that I have no life.......I also didn't pick up, which is a very big deal to me.....Sometimes I think you don't really appreciate life and all it has to offer unless you almost lose it.....I have come close a few times and I have lost everything due to my addiction.......I have for some reason been given a second chance....I am noticing things that I never noticed before and things that I thought meant the most don't seem to mean as much.....Things that I didn't think meant anything or very little, mean the world to me. I had to be in a spot that I don't wish upon my worst enemy...even "the X" to realize this and I hope and pray that other people will realize this without having to hit a bottom like mine. If life were easy it would not be any fun at all and we would not grow or learn as much if there were no challenges to keep us motivated and guessing. The more challenges you go through the stronger you get and the better prepared you are to deal with the next one that is thrown your way.....and believe me they will come....and if you are one of those people who just coasted through then I really feel bad for you because when your challenge arrives.........it will be a big one and you will have no idea what to do with it. The bottom line is life is what YOU decide to make of it. Thats one of the reasons that life is so fun and entertaining. I have a lot that I want to share on this topic but It's almost 3 am and I am getting tired....This will be part 1 in a 4 or 5 part article. So just remember.........life is what you make of it and if you choose to waste it drinking or if you choose to just coast by and not realize your full potential then life will pass you by and you will NOT get a second chance! Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this"

Re: I would LOVE to know what you think

I agree with everything you said. Life is definately what you make of it. I liked it, but it didn't draw in my attention a lot. That is just my personal opinion though.
    “Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.”
    -Joseph Pulitzer

Patrick, if you want readers you're going to have to start with learning to break your stuff into paragraphs.

Many (most) folks won't bother wading through a big block of poorly punctuated prose.

"Life is many things, it's hard, complicated, challenging. spontaneous, full of surprises good and bad, it has its ups and downs, it will happen whether you want it too or not, one thing life is NOT is easy!"

Unless it's a recipe, I generally don't read anything that starts with a list. To me, it's lazy writing.

Amy Lou

Oh my.... I don't know where to begin. I agree with leslee 100% I already know these things about life... Tell us something we don't already know

Personally, I don't mind being told something I already know if it's told in a fresh way. There aren't too many "new" stories to be told. It's all in the writing. You want to come up with an original angle. The ramblings of anyone's mind can get pretty boring without something special to spice them up.