HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Complete Idiot's Guide

If you have an idea for a Complete Idiot's Guide, check the list of existing Idiot's Guides first. If your idea is original, you can submit a book proposal directly to Alpha Books. They accept proposals by regular mail or email. This Page has information about the proposal guidelines.
    Writers.Net Moderator

Re: Complete Idiot's Guide

Hi sorry to be very ignorant but what's the difference? is it just they are different brands from different publishing companies or is there an actual qualitative difference between the "for dummies" series and the "complete idiot's guide" series? Is it one does more common every day topics and the other does sort of more technical subjects or like i don't know, if say I want to learn Spanish for Beginners and I find that both series offer spanish learning titles, which is the better series to go with? Knowing me, I'd probably just go with whichever was cheaper in price as I have no idea if one series or the other is more beneficial for me.

Part of becoming a successful nonfiction writer is learning how to research.

Frank Baron Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Part of becoming a successful nonfiction writer is
    > learning how to research.

But but, I'm not a non-fiction writer, I am a non-fiction reader. Never plan on writing non-fiction because I wouldn't know enough anyway - I'd just make a complete arse of myself. I'm happy just reading the stuff. Very useful stuff indeed - if I could write non-fiction, I would be in a much better financial position.