HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thrillers

Thrillers

I suppose us thriller writers fit in here. Probably the mystery/crime writers won't mind. If they do we'll just blow 'em up. That's usually the way disagreements get resolved in thrillers.

Anyway, I figured I'd get the first post. Soon this will be hive of activity. Any decade now.

Stan

Re: Thrillers

I love psychological thrillers, no actual stuff blown up, just a person's mind.

Those too. Even if there is no actual blowing up. Of things, not people.
    Stan

Stan, are you writting one? I love to read thrillers, its pretty much all I read. Although it's getting hard to find new ones that are decently written.

Do you have any already published?

Stuff written? Four thrillers completed, repped, on sub. No pub contract yet. One in the oven, at low heat for now.

You?

Wow......

No, I just finished my first book, and that was sort of an accident. I always meant to write a book "one day", but had not planned it now.

So you have 4 completed books ready to go? I know you can't, but I would love to read them.....

No copies while in submission, I've been told.

Post your first chapter in the Writing Critique forum, if it's all shiny and ready for crits.

Hmmm. I am not sure I am ready for that. I have seen what we all do to "samples". I have to admit that a blanket rejection is easier to take. Of course on here I would get honesty and feedback.

Am I ready for that?

Plus, the first chapter is almost 14 pages. Way to long for a "sample".

But I will do it. If you say so. Either the whole chapter, or however many pages you think is appropriate. "Jump in with both feet and be fearless" that is what I claimed I do, right? So I will....B)

I am looking at my chapter right now, and while I totally like it, stand behind it, and would not want to change much of it - it is so different from any of the samples I have read. on here. It seems so plain. So absolutely Non-Literary. Of course, literary was never what I was aiming for. Honesty was. I do think I got that. But I guess that will be up to all of you to decide. ~ Scary ~

I am ready. I am just waiting for someone to tell me how many pages I should post. I most certainly don't want to overstay my welcome, so to speak.

Sabina,

standard submission for critique on here is between 500-1000 words.
    if the wine is sour throw it out

SatyricalRaven