HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SEO writing

Hybrid View

mia cole

SEO writing

Hi

I recently joined a website called *link removed by Mod* and Ive been writing a few articles for them. They require you to write SEO friendly articles but they only have 1 requirement (use the keyword twice in the article). So far i had no problems with this i got paid for my articles and everything but I want to write better SEO friendly content. From what I heard the site is still young and I want to build a good reputation there to get more bids. Can you guys give me some advice on SEO content writing?

please and thank you

Mia

Liza B.

Re: SEO writing

Victoria,

I don't understand why you removed her link. There are many content writing websites out there, and it's helpful for writers to be able to share experiences, pay rates, etc. with others on this board. It's very important for writers to be able to share information. By deleting the name of the sites, you're doing writers a huge disservice. And I'm certain that's why nobody responded to this thread - why bother if we can't name specific sites? It makes absolutely no sense.

Hi, Liza - I removed the links because this user has only posted two comments to the board... Each of the comments name-dropped the URL of the site in a very "Hi, I'm being paid to drop links to xyz.com on message boards" kind of way. If she were to make additional posts that did not plug this one particular site by name and URL, I would be less likely to remove the links.
    A quick Google shows that the same person also posted a similar comment to someone's writing blog.

I'll create stickies for the main content sites, so everyone can compare/contrast rates, editors etc. Discussions of additional sites are welcome, but if someone just shows up to drop a link & leave, those links will be considered spam, and won't remain on the site.

Hope this helps,
    Thanks,
    Victoria
    Writers.Net Moderator

Liza B.

Okay, sorry, didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification. I think posting stickies with a few of the main content sites is a great idea. The main players seem to be: Suite101, Associated Content, HubPages, Bright Hub, AOL's SEED, Break Studios, About, Love to Know, WiseGeek, Text Broker, Demand Media Studios, and probably a few others. I just think writers should be wary of many of these sites that often take advantage of writers by offering low pay, which is why naming them is so important.

Bless you for that - I was just going to ask for help with a list. I posted a bunch and then hit a wall & couldn't think of any more.
    Writers.Net Moderator

Liza B.

Glad I can be of help. Constant Content is another, and is considered much better than the others since you have the freedom to write whatever you want, and then set your own price. However, they take a big cut. Maholo is the only other one I can think of.

Didn't Mahalo dump all the writers and take the content or something? Seems like I heard something like that...
    Writers.Net Moderator

Here are some short tips for SEO content writing hope they ll help you..

*-Use short sentences.
    *-Write to the point i.e. be precise.
    *-Use simple words, i.e. avoid flowery language.
    *-Avoid cluttering the text.
    *-Use meaningful title and subtitle.
    *-Avoid too much of information on a single web page.
    *-Always segregate the data according to its importance, because the reader's are quite impatient and won't go through the whole page or website if they don't find the text of their relevance at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Content Writing

Liza B.

Victoria Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Didn't Mahalo dump all the writers and take the
    > content or something? Seems like I heard something
    > like that...

Could be, I really don't know much about them. But it's probably best to leave them off the list.