HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo

Looking for more information about National Novel Writing Month? Here's the NaNoWriMo website..

Do you have experience that you'd like to share? Please post here and inspire your fellow writers!
    Writers.Net Moderator

Re: NaNoWriMo

The best inspiration I can share is that my both second and third novels started out as NaNo projects. I absolutely LOVE NaNo and I've done it 3 or 4 times. There are also local NaNo get-togethers where you can meet other writers. But it IS a lot of work, so say goodbye to your family for the month.

I missed nano last year. This year I will triumph. -D

Just signed up for this.It's my first time signing up for them. Do you write the book on the site? If so, is it locked so people and members can't see your work? Thanks.
    “Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.”
    -Joseph Pulitzer

No. You write it on your own computer. At the end, you upload it so that the site can get an official word count and verify your success, after which the file is deleted without anybody at the site ever seeing it.

Sounds good to me. Thanks Joe.
    “Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.”
    -Joseph Pulitzer