HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: plot bunnies?

Re: plot bunnies?

They haven't?

Crap. I hope I can get my money back....

No , you're just being fun.

.... I'll play!

No, but to get serious again (do we haaave to?? whine....) I like the idea of discussing titles. Although Frank was kind enough to point out that they will probably get changed anyway.

Jeeshh. I am spendingt waaaaaay too much time on this board. I really like it, but I have work to do. Serious work. . But this is so pleasantly distracting. You are all a whole lot of fun.

By the way, I posted some pics of my kids and my parrot on the picture thread in.....where is it again? I spent enough time here in the last few days to almost be able to navigate my way around, but sometimes I still get lost.

u don't always haf 2 hav a title: jodi picoult supposedly sent in 1 of her books to her publisher as simple: Untitled Work by Jodi Picoult because she couldn't think of a name for it. It got accepted 4 publication anyway. She does of course have the advantage of being a well known and established writer. Something that most of us here lack completely.

So back 2 discussing titles: The Old Man And The Sea, The Forty Year Old Virgin, The Man From Snowy River, The Merchant of Venice, The King's Speech, The Bold & The Beautiful, The Italian Job, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, The Diary of Anne Frank, The Three Stooges, The Brothers Grimm, The Weird Sisters, The Hound of The Baskervilles, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Wizard of Oz, The Wake of Forgiveness, <The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe>, The Killer Inside Me...

So as long as u start it with a "the" and insert random "and"s & "of"s, you'll do just fine with your titling of ur books/poems/scripts/whatever...

No insult intended 2 the above mentioned works.

Thank you....but, but.... my problem always seems to be that the Titles are way too long. I can't seem to find a succinct way to convey the essence of my book. But if the publisher has someone on staff to do that - I say: "Let them at it", lol!