HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: plot bunnies?

plot bunnies?

is this the plot bunnies thread? how cool! why do they call them bunnies anyway? why not ploy elmos, plot libras, or plot damiens?
    if this isn't the plot bunnies forum, may we get one? pretty please with a cherry on top?
    it's not intellectual property yet if it's still in ur head. it's only IP if u have actually put it onto the page or computer.

Re: plot bunnies?

I've never heard the term but I'm from the Jurassic age of writing. Does it mean plot twists? Ideas?

[s][s][/s][/s]Yes, what are plot bunnies? I am imagining scantily clad female writers (struggling ones) serving cocktails to the more accomplished and published writers in exchange for advice on their manuscript.

And of course they are going to be tan, beautiful, thin, and have long legs and big breasts. Yep, I can say those things because I am a woman, hehe. B)

Plot bunnies are odd, often silly things that pop up out of nowhere when you're writing. They're similar to plot ninjas, but less serious.

"If you suddenly find that six ninjas want to join the audience in your tightly-plotted courtroom drama, let them; you'll probably find a use for them by the time you're done."

That, for those of you coming in late, is where the term "plot ninja" comes from. If nothing else, plot ninjas are a great source of sub-plots. Plot bunnies, OTOH, tend to be sillier, fluffier and harder to dismiss. It's not that bad an idea to have a plot bunny thread or two because talking about them with others sometimes helps you to get them out of your head. And, it must be admitted, one writer's plot bunny is sometimes another writer's Great Idea.

Ah, I see. I think. Thanks, Joe.

Joe: Thanks for explaining, haven't heard of plot ninjas before.
    Frank: It's from ff.net.

What I actually meant was: Is there a place we can put old ideas that we are no longer working on, out in the open for somebody else to pick up where we left off. That way ideas can get recycled, reborn, reworked, you get the picture... it's not a matter of claiming credit, it's a matter of finishing a product.

The way I see it: Ideas are equal, Writers are not.

Given the gentle hands/mind of a new writer, ideas that have languished in our mental cupboards can finally see the light of day and give them the future that they deserve.

'And, it must be admitted, one writer's plot bunny is sometimes another writer's Great Idea'

That there, it the reason why I don't brainstorm on open forums. (Sorry Joe for using your words to demonstrate my point)
    I may be a little too over sensitive but, an idea in my opinion, belongs to the person who had it. The problem is, in writing, you can have a great idea but are working on several other projects. The idea, remains, brewing & stewing.......... you share it with an open forum........... zip, wham, bang......... 2 years later a book is published with your idea.

What others do to develop thier ideas is up to them; but I'll wait until I have the first draft safely tucked into my laptop and my memory stick. B)
    if the wine is sour throw it out

SatyricalRaven

I'd like to see a whole forum devoted to the art of creating a title, be it book or an article. Also, one where we can discuss carpal tunnel exercises -- when to stand up and stretch and when to just shift our butts around a little.

Furthermore, I'd like to see a forum where people can learn how to play strip poker.

Uh-oh, am I being bad?

*_*

But they've yet to invent a forum that will take you to Alpha Centauri... what a shame...

Let me know when do, okay, GM?

*_*