HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Dana
    The working title of my book is "Deluded." It's an expose of the New Age industry, and its gullible victims. I have a degree in psychology, and I explore what makes these individuals, who overwhelmingly belong to a subgroup of mainstream society, especially vulnerable to this type of exploitation.

As word of my book has spread through colleagues, etc. it has garnered considerable interest, so it does have an audience ready and waiting. I realise that it will be met with hostility by those very victims it is trying to help. We witnessed some of this behaviour today. And it is a typical reaction in individuals who have been subjected to any type of brainwashing technique.

Dana
    My book is mentioned on Debunkers Inc.

http://debunkersinc.blogspot.com/

Putting this link up in every forum you can think of, Dana, whether it's relevant or not probably seems like a great way to promote your book. It isn't because for many of us, the more times we see it the less likely we are to be interested. After a very short while, most of us not only ignore it, we ignore you because we've decided that you have nothing to say that's worth reading.

Dana
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zeff View Post
    Putting this link up in every forum you can think of, Dana, whether it's relevant or not probably seems like a great way to promote your book. It isn't because for many of us, the more times we see it the less likely we are to be interested. After a very short while, most of us not only ignore it, we ignore you because we've decided that you have nothing to say that's worth reading.
    Thank you so much for the kind words and support, Joe. This sort of message is just what every new writer needs. Have a wonderful weekend.

martin shaw
    Dana,

that dog looks scared of the knife you are holding.