HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Robert B

Seeking publisher for my graphic story of childhood sexual abuse.

Seeking a publisher or agent to help publish a very graphic story of childhood sexual abuse. My firsthand account.

Re: Seeking publisher for my graphic story of childhood sexual abuse.

I thought graphic portrayals of sex with children was a big taboo. Others might know more about this subject, but I've never seen a book about child abuse with graphic descriptions. The stories I have read, focused on the mental anguish and physical trauma, and how they had reclaimed or were in the process of rebuilding their lives.

Robert, you'll have to look for an agent or publisher the way everyone else does. Research the subject. Send out query letters to the appropriate targets. Take your chances.

Agents and publishers do not hang around here waiting for writers. They're too busy.

Robert, read back a page or four in the Literary Agents forum and you'll get an overview of the nuts n' bolts on querying. Check out Agentquery.com for more. Good luck.

Robert B

It is actually what happened to me personally and the acts that were perpetrated against me. Yes it describes the mental anguish and the lasting scars. Thank you for the information all.

Robert,

You need to research agents/publishers who accept memoirs and/or biographies.

Are you sure you are not looking for a screen director? I thought such was marketable material for the big screen. Good-luck!

Sorry to hear about your abuse, Robert. I was sexually abuse too when I was a teen. Anyway, I left you a private message. I'm not sure if any publisher would take a book about explicit child abuse; you might have to have an edited version and self-publish the unedited one- assuming your publisher doesn't ask for all the rightss. I'm writing a book about explicit child abuse too( it's fiction though), so I'm in the same boat.

imported_PATRICK HARRISON

,. too, have just written a fictional story about child sexual abuse and have
    searched Google for publishers of Child Molestation Fiction, Dark Fiction, Spe3culative Fiction,
    Child Abuse Fiction, also for magazine publishers and haven't found any anywhere in
    the world since I also added International to my searches.

Two days now and nothing.

Any suggestions?

No.